Standard Modules Workshops
Each Standard Modules workshop provides students with specific and detailed instruction in relation to each module, elective (if applicable) and prescribed text. Using the course rubric as a guide, students will learn strategies to help them develop their analytical and essay writing skills.
Each workshop is specific to the prescribed text being studied for Modules A, B and C. In each workshop students will:
- Receive valuable analysis of their prescribed text, which will improve their textual knowledge and understanding.
- Learn strategies for effectively organising their study notes for each module.
- Learn strategies for quickly and effectively deconstructing essay questions.
- Learn how to formulate a thesis relevant to the given question.
- Learn how to sustain an essay thesis.
- Be given the opportunity to read and assess a model introduction, body paragraph and conclusion before attempting to write their own.
- Workshop presenter
- Any necessary workshop design or modification
- Professional printing and binding of materials
- Students are provided with a Student Workbook for each workshop
- Teachers are provided with a Teacher Companion for each workshop
- Travel and accommodation (if applicable)
The ideal duration for each seminar is 1 double period or 100 minutes (including a short break).
Minimum of 30 students.
- $35/student/workshop (GST inclusive)
- Cohort sizes over 60 attract a 15% discount, bringing the cost down to $30/student/workshop (GST inclusive)