July 2015 - Into English Winter School!
Whether you need to revise, get ahead or fine tune your analytical and writing skills, our Winter School Workshops are a valuable addition to your holiday study.
Workshops on offer
Discovery Section 1: Reading
- Learn strategies for quickly and effectively analysing a variety of unseen texts in relation to Discovery.
- Learn how to analyse visual, prose fiction, poetry and various types of non-fiction texts, which are similar to those used in HSC English Paper 1 examinations.
- Have the opportunity to read and assess a number of modeled responses and learn how to approach different short answer question types.
- Be given time to complete different questions and share responses.
Discovery Section 2: Creative Writing
- Engage in a number of specific creative writing activities, based on stimulus material. These activities are designed to encourage a thesis/message for a creative piece focused on a specific aspect of discovery.
- Learn how to develop this thesis/message into a narrative, which shows sophisticated understanding of the concept of discovery.
- Learn how to improve your skills in characterisation and descriptive writing, enabling you to compose effective images, which powerfully convey the underlying thesis/message of your narrative.
Discovery Section 3: Approaching the Essay (Prescribed Text Specific)
- Learn strategies for writing a high scoring Discovery essay, by practicing how to deconstruct different essay questions to formulate a thesis and a series of arguments that precisely and convincingly address the given essay question.
- Be given the opportunity to read and assess a model essays before attempting to write your own.
Workshops will be offered for the following prescribed texts:
- Go Back to Where You Came From
- Life of Pi
- The Tempest
- Robert Frost
Mock Trial Examinations
- Paper 1 - Area of Study (Standard and Advanced)
- Paper 2 - Advanced Modules
- Paper 2 - Standard Modules
Please click here to view our schedule.
Ready to Enrol?
Click the registration button below to join!
Into English Teaching Studio, Strathfield
In Discovery Section 1 and Discovery Section 2 Workshops students will receive a print copy of our Into English Student Book for that section (valued at $35 each)
In each Section 3 Workshop, students will receive a print copy of the relevant Make Your Mark Study Guide (published by Macmillan/Into English)
- Morning and afternoon tea
- $90/workshop (GST inclusive)
- $250 when enrolling in 3 workshops (GST inclusive)
Terms & Conditions
To view our workshop terms & conditions, click here
Thank you for completing this form. We look forward to seeing you on the day!
What happens next?
- Your enrolment information will be sent to us once you click the ‘submit’ button below.
- In the week prior to the workshops, you will be sent an email containing further information about the day.
*Please Note: by submitting this form you have completed your enrolment into the workshops you have indicated and are confirming that you will be attending the workshops you have indicated.