The Machiavel: A Tale of Lies and Deceit introduces students to the Machiavel as a narrative that has shaped, and continues to shape, our world.
The study provides students the opportunity for close engagement with the following texts:
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
- The Tragedy of King Lear by William Shakespeare
- The Talented Mr Ripley directed by Anthony Minghella
By engaging in a close study of classic representations of the Machiavel as a tale of lies and deceit alongside a contemporary re-creation of this story, students will develop their knowledge of how this narrative has influenced the ways societies and cultures understand and characterise themselves.
This student book is a highly valuable resource for students and teachers of the NSW Stage 6 English Year 11 Advanced Module A: Narratives that Shape our World. It includes:
- Engaging classroom activities to develop skills in analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of texts
- Texts regarded as quality literature
- Texts that represent a variety of cultural, social, and gender perspectives
Be sure to check out the sample pages.
This title is currently available in eBook format. You can purchase it here.